Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Tuberific!!!!

You tube is great because you, me, anyone can have their 10 seconds of fame. It's great that anyone no matter who you are can create a video and share it with the world. No previous acting skills or producing skills are necessary to submit a video. You don't have to be a Tom Cruise or a Reese Witherspoon to become famous these days.
When I went to You tube I found a video that demonstrated how to prepare and properly cook asparagus. I have never cooked asparagus before and was a little hesitate to try it. It was great to be able to actually WATCH someone on how to prepare it rather than hunt through a cooking book. After watching the video I felt more self-assured I could do it afterwards. I found it easier and more enjoyable to sit back and actually SEE how to cook up some mean asparagus!
YouTube would be great in the library because Librarians can actually demonstrate useful and informative knowledge to our patrons. For example........ showing how to sign up for a Library card, how to use the on-line catalog, or even how to locate a book through the dewy decimal system and much, much more!!!!!

No comments: